FABricate Entrepreneurial Initiative
You could win $2,500 in the FABricate contest.
FABricate is a contest and a course for University of Georgia students. Who wouldn’t want to develop innovative ideas to help feed the world? One of UGA’s College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES)’s cornerstone missions is to advance agricultural and food production processes to meet the world’s increasing food demand.
Expand your leadership and business skills through this competition where you’ll develop an idea for a new food product, agricultural business or environmental opportunity.
Who can compete?
FABricate is hosted by CAES, but is open to UGA students from all backgrounds and colleges within the university.
- Individuals or teams of up to five UGA students can compete.
- Teams can include both graduate and undergraduate students.
Enroll in the FABricate course, AESC 4950/8220
“Special Problems in Agricultural and Environmental Sciences” is a three (3) credit hour class offered Fall 2019 Semester. Enrolling in this FABricate course will give students the chance to develop and enhance their ideas and business plans through:
- Lessons and discussions with local entrepreneurs
Enrollment in the course is not required to compete in the contest, but it is highly encouraged!
Note: if you would like to fulfill the Experiential Learning requirement through FABricate, you are required to enroll in the course.
Athens: 11:15-12:05 MWF, 310 Conner Hall
Undergraduate CRN: 43464
Graduate CRN: 43483
Tifton: 11:15-12:05 MWF
Undergraduate CRN: 19948
Graduate CRN: 43954
Griffin: 11:15-12:05 MWF
Undergraduate CRN: 43951
Graduate CRN: 43953
What are the categories?
- New Food Product: any new, original food product. Products should have a high potential for being marketed and sold on a commercial basis. For this category, the actual item does not have to be developed, but teams are encouraged to develop a prototype or proof of concept, if possible, depending on the nature of the project.
- Agricultural Technology: any type of new product or service that would be used in a business related to agriculture. For this category, the actual item does not have to be developed but teams are encouraged to develop a prototype or proof of concept, if possible, depending on the nature of the project. Proposed products or services should have potential for being manufactured and sold on a commercial basis.
- Agricultural or Food-related Business: ideas for new businesses that involve food or agriculture. Proposal should include ideas for businesses that do not currently exist, that are creative and enterprising. Business in this category will likely be experience or service related.
- Environmental or Sustainable Business: ideas for new businesses that involve the environment or an enterprise that capitalizes on having minimal negative impacts on the global or local environment. Businesses in this category offer progressive environmental and/or human rights ideas in the form of a service or product.