Available at: Athens
Agricultural communication professionals tell the story of agriculture and the environment to consumers, legislators and other key stakeholders. The Agricultural Communication major prepares students to understand and communicate specialized agricultural science and information through journalism, advertising, public relations, graphic design and telecommunications. Students are given hands-on opportunities in classes and outside organizations to practice key skills and prepare them for a professional career.
Agricultural Communication students are also given once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to participate in international service-learning coursework, instilling the importance of cross-cultural communication and engagement, which allows students to practice the skills learned in the classroom in a real-world setting for the benefit of others. Upon graduation, our students have an established skill-set to translate science, liaise between industry and consumers, and produce communication materials using new media and technology.
View the required Agricultural Communication courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn an Agricultural Communication degree we recommend you:
- Participate in traditional agricultural extracurricular activities, such as 4-H and FFA
- Work on a school yearbook
- Work on school or community newspapers and newsletters
- Manage social media sites
- Develop websites
- Engage in student journalism projects
- Journalistic writing
- Developing websites
- Publishing opportunities
- Graphic design software use
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Participate in student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
Visit the department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication.
What jobs can I get with an Agricultural Communication degree?
- Assistant Marketing Director
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing and Communication Coordinator
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Communications Coordinator
- News Writer or Editor
- Program Service Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Video Specialist
Median Entry-Level Salary
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.