The Agribusiness major prepares students for professional careers in agribusiness marketing, management and finance through combining in-depth business concepts with real world application to the food and fiber industry. Agribusinesses process and market food and fiber products, supply inputs to agricultural production and manage agricultural production. Agribusiness majors learn economic principles and strategies for agribusiness marketing and management.
View the required Agribusiness courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
Students wishing to attend classes on Griffin or Tifton campuses need to complete their 1000-2000 level courses prior to transferring to UGA.
To prepare for courses to earn an Agribusiness degree we recommend you:
- Take available AP macro and/or microeconomics courses prior to attending UGA
- Participate in any school or community business-related clubs or organizations
- Engage in business-related student projects
- Volunteer and/or work for organizations or companies with opportunities to observe business practices (banks, cooperatives, trade organizations, etc.)
- Use real finance software programs
- Participate in case studies
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Application of real market prices and forecasts to studies
- Georgia Agribusiness Council Student Chapter
- Student Marketing Team
- Participate in CAES student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
Prospective Student Contact
What jobs can I get with an Agribusiness degree?
- Food Safety Manager
- Operations Manager
- Produce Broker
- Product Distribution Coordinator
- Quality Control Technician
- Sales Manager
$32,000 to $60,000
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.