Available at: Athens
Poultry Science majors receive broad training in the science and business of poultry production. Students take traditional poultry courses dealing with production, management, breeding, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, processing and diseases. Students can also choose to supplement their degree with additional agribusiness and science courses to prepare them for the wide variety of positions available in the poultry industry.
View the required Poultry Science courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn a Poultry Science degree we recommend you:
- Participate in FFA Poultry Judging
- Participate in 4-H Poultry Judging
- Participate in 4-H Poultry Science Project Achievement
- Take AP and Honors science courses
- Labs with live birds
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Poultry Judging Team
- Help with Avian Academy
- Participate in student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
Prospective Student Contact
Class of 2019 Career Outcomes for Poultry Science*
** Includes Self-Employed
*Source: Created utilizing data taken from the UGA Career Outcomes Survey. The charts above represent UGA Class of 2019 Graduates. Read more detailed Career Outcomes information for Poultry Science.
What jobs can I get with Poultry Science degree?
- Poultry Management Trainee
- Agribusiness management, sales, and/or marketing
- Accounting and Management
- Food Industry (Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby’s, etc.)
- Food Safety
- Poultry Genetics
- Poultry Health
- Poultry Microbiology
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Communications
- Environmental Resource Management
- Poultry Processing
- Quality Assurance
- Product Development
- Poultry Nutrition
- Animal Welfare
- Government Relations
- Engineering and Technology
- Cooperative Extension
- Law School
- Graduate School
Median Entry-Level Salary
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.