Available at: Athens
Poultry Science majors receive broad training in the science and business of poultry production. Students take traditional poultry courses dealing with production, management, breeding, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, processing and diseases. Students can also choose to supplement their degree with additional agribusiness and science courses to prepare them for the wide variety of positions available in the poultry industry.
View the required Poultry Science courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn a Poultry Science degree we recommend you:
- Participate in FFA Poultry Judging
- Participate in 4-H Poultry Judging
- Participate in 4-H Poultry Science Project Achievement
- Take AP and Honors science courses
- Labs with live birds
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Poultry Judging Team
- Help with Avian Academy
- Participate in student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
Visit the department of Poultry Science.
Prospective Student Contact
What jobs can I get with Poultry Science degree?
- Breeder Manager
- Complex Compliance Officer
- Extension Agent
- Feed Inspector
- Flock Supervisor
- Hatchery Manager
- Poultry Research Center Farm Supervisor
- Production Manager
- Quality Assurance/Control
- Roller Breeder Supervisor
- Turkey Grower
- Veterinary/Professional School
Median Entry-Level Salary
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.